- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Soya Sauce
- Garlic Clove
- Balsamic Vinegar 1/4
- Olive Oil 1/4
- Maybe some water if too strong
- Salad potatoes
- Roughly dice your potatoes, no need to peel, and boil for ten minutes (put the potatoes in cold water on the hob and bring to boil and then set your timer for 10 mins from boil point)
- Then drain
- Fry potatoes up with bacon and mushrooms in a little oil until nicely toasted
- Mix dressing ingredients together
- Combine all together with spinach in a large salad bowl
- Serve and enjoy.
- (I have not included quantities as they are adaptable depending on how many you're serving, it's one of those recipes where you go with your gut instinct and taste along the way rather than sticking to rigid quantities)
I discovered this dish whilst working at the Picturedrome in Northampton when I was a student at the University of Northampton. It was a fascinating place to work as it wasn’t just a bar but a local community entertainment venue and you had DJs some night, Movie nights, comedy nights and a huge variety of local music acts too – It is still now one of my favourite places to go and on top of that the food was amazing and lovingly created by Shirin – an amazing chef of Iranian heritage who made so so many delicious dishes. This is one of hers.
For the salad the ingredients are:
Salad leaves, mushrooms, bacon and potatoes.
For the dressing:
Simply par boil the potatoes:
…and fry up with the mushroom and bacon until nicely toasted:
then mix up the salad dressing ingredients:
…mix with salad leaves and pour over the dressing and then toss well:
… and that’s it – delicious simple salad, made with everyday ingredients – enjoy!