So I have just been nominated for my first Liebster Award by the lovely Sophie of Footprints in the Sand . To be honest I had never actually heard of this until today but having done a bit of googling this is what I have discovered that it’s all about:
- Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart.
- In order to take part you need to:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3000 followers.
- Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
Here it goes…
Questions from Sophie
1- Where is the best country you have ever been?
This is a tough one as I have loved all the countries which I have visited, so I’m afraid I’m going to have to go with my top 3, which are USA, India and Sri Lanka
2- Hot weather or cold weather?
Hot for sure, but not unbearably so, my favourite weather is “T-Shirt weather”
3- Who inspires you?
My friends and my family.
4- When did you start your blog?
5-6 years ago originally but started getting serious with it last year
5- What is your favourite animal?
Again, I love most animals so this is hard, so I’m going to go with top 3 of the moment: Cats (because of our two cat babies which you can read all about under Cat Parenting page), Giraffes, just elegant and going to the Giraffe Hotel in Kenya is at the top of my bucketlist, and Elephants – always loved their gentle giantness and realised my dream in Sri Lanka of riding one and fell even more in love
6- What is your favourite food?
I’m a massive foodie so this is very hard too, just so much I love but Italian and French food are generally at the top of my favourites lists
7- What is your favourite film?
Again I have too many to mention, but the one which I always come back to when asked this question is Erin Brockovich
8- Describe yourself in 3 words..
People Creative Friendly
9- What country in the world would you like to visit if you could?
Too many to mention again, but I would love to see more of the States, and go to Canada, Thailand and back to India
10-Finish on a quote that most inspires you ..
I am a massive quotes addict, you can find just some of the ones I’ve found and loved on my Pinterest Word board. The below is one I found this morning and loved:
5 Nominated Newbie Bloggers:
- Aman from Little Things
- Iona from IonaBFit
- Clare from The happy work from home Mummy
- Beth from Beth Ashley
- Hannah from Just a Thought
10 questions for my nominated blogger to answer:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Where was your last, best holiday?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Cat or Dog?
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
- What is your favorite quote and by whom?
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
2,959 total views, 6 views today