Another combined Meatless Monday this post, hoping to get back to weekly posts going forward but as you read this post you may well understand why it’s been somewhat hectic and crazy recently.
So before I get on to food here’s my fortnight in 8 (Starting with the week ending Sunday 03 July 2016):
- Firstly and most importantly this fortnight started with the mind-blowing information delivered at our 12 wk scan that we’re expecting twins! TWINS! WTF! Something neither of us ever considered as even a possibility as we have none whatsoever in the family, either side, it was in category “oh that happens to other people, I don’t really need to pay attention” and then boom! It was happening to us! I will go more into this and my journey to twin mummyhood in my new blog section Future Little Gherkins – but yeah, in summary – MIND-BLOWN! This image was how we announced on Facebook and I must say we were both so blown away by the love and the support which came back in abundance, so so many well wishers – which definitely helped with feeling like it was all going to be ok.
- This quote I found in my news feed this week and it was just so on point (see no.1) – as the dust settled I was re-taught this lesson once more that no matter how much you plan your life, consciously or subconsciously, it never does turn out exactly as planned – but that is actually ok 🙂 – in fact, as my friend Rachel commented on this very photo “What I got instead is so much better than I could ever have imagined”…
- On Thursday, post scan, I worked the Cranfield University 2016 Graduation, it really is such a wonderful day of celebration to be part of and I was very proud to be involved once again 🙂 And for a bit of fun this year our Social Media Marketing Team set up a photobooth.
- On the Friday I had the day off work and went down to the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show with my Mum, Sister and Aunty. We had a lovely day browsing around and catching up, even though the show was more commercial than I had thought it would be and less show gardens I was still very pleased to have ticked it off my bucket list.
- We met up with Adam’s family for a pre-birthday celebration, for him, over the next weekend and his lovely cousin Penny gave me this gift – such a cute idea of lots of caption cards for capturing all the different stages of pregnancy
- I’m a great believer in trying to laugh when life throws you unexpected challenges, and this poster which one of my friends shared on my wall this fortnight really tickled me 🙂
- Final quote of this week is just about remaining happy and counting your blessings every day and it really does show on your face and radiate from you – that is the true measure of beauty
- A bit of a funny video shared by Time about the Downing Street cat, but used here as a placeholder for the pretty major news that this fortnight we said goodbye to David Cameron as our Prime Minister and hello to Theresa May, though we didn’t have any say at all in who the Conservative Party chose to lead them for the next foreseeable amount of time before the next general election, and I always feel pretty disconnected from politics in this country anyway, I felt it was an important enough change that it deserved a mention here. It remains to be seen what a new PM, new cabinet and our choice to leave the EU will mean for the UK going forward but it has happened now so so be it… a new future of politics begins as of now too.
Right on to food…
1 year, 2 weeks
Granola with semi skimmed organic milk and a glass of fresh tropical juice from the milkman.
A jam jar of salad, some melon, leftover pasta parcels from 1yr 1wk, a pack of dairylea dunkers, a petit filous, an apple, a packet of animal biscuits and a jam jar of squash.
This was my first week where I felt well enough to go back to yoga on a Monday so when I got in I just wanted something quick and easy and tasty, cream of tomato soup, a bagel and a packet of crisps 🙂
1 year, 3 week
My morning sickness returned worse than ever on Sunday and I just felt completely wiped out all day, hence my decision to put 2 Meatless Monday posts together, I was particularly gutted as I had entered my 2nd trimester where it was supposed to clear up and I had felt so so much better all week and had managed to go back to both yoga classes for the first time in weeks to my delight and was genuinely starting to feel like me again and then bam – Sunday, Monday and Tuesday all felt horrid. But the weird thing about morning sickness, for me at least, aside from the fact it isn’t just morning or just sickness at all so all in all it’s a stupid name for it to be fair, is you don’t actually lose your appetite, sure you don’t fancy certain things but your body seems to crave food and every time I feel sicky, if I eat I generally feel better 🙂
Just granola, with semi skimmed organic milk and grape juice this morning.
Dairylea Dunker (this could be turning into a current daily obsession, but they really are just so yummy), Meze and houmous, packet of animal biscuits, an apple, a plum and 2 petit filous :). I find I feel best when I have lots of little things like this to just graze on throughout the day rather than eating lots in one go.
Just went for a jacket potato and salad. A useful tip when cooking a jacket potato in the over is to put it on a bbq metal sequer as that conducts the heat into the middle of the potato and mean it takes less time to cook – should be 40-50 mins rather than an hour or more, which all saves energy, time and money so is all good to me. For the filling I grated some cheddar and mixed with black pepper and chives from the garden and butter, proper yummy. I treated myself to a packet of pom bears whilst I was waiting for it to cook.
What did you eat this Meatless Monday, I’d love to know, please leave me links/comments below…
Please check out my Pinterest meatless inspiration board: #MeatlessMonday to gather some pinspiration:
Along with the official Meatless Monday board which I am also now sharing on:
Find out how I got on to Meatless Mondays in the first place by watching this video:
And check out #meatlessmondays on this blog to see all my Meatless Monday posts and recipes. Hope you have a lovely week 🙂